App Business Development Manager (maternity cover)
|Contract Type||1 year fixed-term maternity cover|
|Grade Salary||£30,000 – £32,000 per annum FTE.|
|Hours of Work||
9 am – 5 pm / 5 days per week
(Trialling a 4-day working week so may reduce to 4 days from Jan 2022 post probation.)
|Probationary Period||3 months|
|Notice Period||6 weeks|
|Holiday||36 days per annum pro rata, to include bank holidays|
|Deadline for Applications||10th October 2021|
To build and grow diverse income streams for our award-winning Refill app, helping to stop plastic pollution at source.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to be joining the team at City to Sea. The Refill app is evolving, and you’ll be responsible for driving digital revenues from the app. The Refill app connects people to places to eat, drink and shop with less plastic and waste. Our vision is to grow our map-based app with the game-changing potential to influence shopping and purchasing behaviours for years to come. Until now, we’ve self-funded the development of our app, and now, with over 350,000 downloads and over 250,000 places to refill and reuse, it’s time to take it to the next level. From advertising, partnerships, premium listings and licensing our data points, you’ll be developing and implementing the business development strategy for the app and powering the Refill Revolution with us.
- Customer acquisition & growth of new markets.
- Implementing our app commercialisation plans, focusing on ROI, customer retention and management of your prospect pipeline.
- Working with the Digital Projects Coordinator to outline app development requirements for the commercialisation of the Refill app and our owned data.
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands our app userbase and generates multiple revenue streams.
- You’ll have overall responsibility for reporting to the Head of Development. This includes providing valuable insight and reporting against agreed Annual Company Objectives (ACOs) on a quarterly basis.
- Presenting sales and revenue reports to the Senior Leadership Team and manage your revenue forecasting plan alongside our Head of Partnerships.
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Developing and managing the B2B delivery plans and marketing strategies.
- Supporting the Marketing Team to ensure our app is well described across all our marketing touchpoints and within new business proposals.
- In collaboration with the Head of Partnerships you’ll develop app-related partnerships including reporting on key metrics.
- You’ll have overall responsibility for departmental budget, ensuring your development plans management by our Digital Projects Coordinator fit into your available budget.
- As we continue to grow, you’ll track and monitor our international presence – including our growth targets, competitor research.
- You have a passion for the planet and be motivated to help reduce plastic waste through our technical solutions.
- You’re a great relationship builder, adapting your commercialisation plans to best meet your customers’ needs.
- Ideally, you’ll have sales experience within the software industry and/or understand app development.
- You’re results-driven and self-motivated, with proven track record in exceeding targets.
- You are an ace networker with decision makers on LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- And you’re IT literate and happy using a CRM system.
As a manager you’ll demonstrate enhanced ability in these competencies:
- Are the go-to person within their specialist area offering opinion and recommendations based on previous experience and knowledge, bringing a trusted and informed voice to the table.
- Admit mistakes whilst modelling how this helps self-growth, actively seeking learning opportunities.
- Gain confidence of colleagues and clients.
Working with others:
- Actively engage partners and encourage relationship building that supports organisation’s objectives and favours win-win situations.
- Influence others and gains buy-in using compelling, well thought through arguments, conveying messages that are well informed and may be understood by all.
- Openly share knowledge and insights, challenging ‘silo’ attitudes.
- Demonstrate leadership through strategic decisions making based on specialised knowledge.
- Takes accountability within role / specialist field, for monitoring delivery of the organisation’s commitments.
- Model ambition and high performance in goal achievement, meeting deadlines with enthusiasm.
- Multi-task using knowledge of organisation to advance multiple objectives.
Diversity and Inclusion at City to Sea
We recognise that City to Sea, like much of the environmental sector, is lacking diversity amongst its staff. As a Bristol based organisation, we’d love to be more representative of the city’s 16% black and ethnic minority demographic and particularly welcome applicants from this background.
For this reason, if you are from a black or minority ethnic background, we will guarantee you an interview providing you are able to show you can do the job in your covering letter. Please use the reference ‘ABDM / Mat Cover – Access’ at the top of the covering letter if this applies to you.
If you have any additional access requirements to support with your application, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
We would be grateful if you could take the time to fill out our Equalities Monitoring Form (see below). This form is anonymous and will not affect your application in any way. The data we collect will feed into our annual benchmarking that drives our strategy to attract, welcome and retain a more diverse team.
What to Include in Your Application / Deadline
- Essential: Cover Letter / CV
- Optional: Equalities Monitoring Form
- Deadline: Sun 10th October September 2021, 6pm