Digital Communications Coordinator, Maternity Cover
|Job title||Digital Communications Coordinator, Maternity Cover|
|Reporting to||Refill Marketing Manager|
|Hours of Work||5 days a week / Starting August|
|Location||South West / Bristol (home working initially)|
|Probationary Period||3 months|
|Holiday||36 days pro rata (including bank holidays)|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term Maternity Cover: 12 months|
You will be supporting the Marketing & Campaigns team, as a gate keeper for our digital content including social media and email marketing. The role will focus on nurturing and growing our digital communities – for both City to Sea and our award-winning Refill campaign, aligning with the organisational Digital Communications Strategy.
As part of this, you will build relationships with influencers and ambassadors and manage social advertising both on behalf of City to Sea and Refill, as well as our core partners.
- Managing the organisational and campaign social content calendar to ensure a mixture of engaging content is regularly shared and commitments met – including news, campaign content and partnership marketing
- Day to day management of social channels for both City to Sea and Refill – including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn (as well as adhoc support of founder Natalie Fee’s social channels)
- Planning and scheduling all social media content
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of social media content – including City to Sea, Refill, Plastic-Free Periods and partner related content.
- Engaging with comments and responding to enquiries via social media to nurture our relationship with our followers and potential opportunities
- Planning, building and reporting on monthly Plastic-Free Journal Newsletter via Mailchimp – ensuring a mixture of engaging content is shared and partner commitments are met
- As well as managing adhoc newsletters via Mailchimp when required
- Engaging with comments and responding to enquiries in response to newsletters to nurture our relationship with our supporter database
- Monitoring and updating our automated new supporter welcome series via Mailchimp, to ensure they are nurtured to turn into engaged supporters
Supporters and Donors
Adhering to the donor strategy
- Monthly reporting of donations
- Nurturing relationships with engaged, special and potential donors
- Monitoring and updating the automated donor communications via Mailchimp
- Managing donor appeals through Mailchimp and social media
Influencers and Ambassadors
- Managing the City to Sea influencer database
- Managing influencer engagement activity on behalf of City to Sea and Refill – including writing briefs, list building, outreaching, managing activity and reporting
- Ensuring partner contractual obligations are met through monthly social content and email marketing
- Working with partnerships team to plan, schedule and report on monthly activity
Paid Social Advertising
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on paid social advertising – including across City to Sea, Refill and on behalf of partners to raise awareness, generate traffic, grow following and increase donations
Band B Roles:
- Coordinate complex and sometimes multiple activities, programmes or events.
- Plan and organise work alongside other members of staff.
- Require detailed understanding of the organisation’s methods, systems, and procedures
- Demonstrate enhanced ability in these competencies:
- Draw on experience and qualifications to perform role.
- Perform role with confidence, integrity, and transparency.
- Develop self-awareness through seeking feedback from peers.
Work with others:
- Understand differences, anticipate areas of conflict, and take action.
- Build rapport quickly with people at all levels and from different backgrounds, whilst embracing core values.
- Challenge the views of others in an open and constructive way.
- Confidently make timely decisions, whilst modelling a positive approach and working within policy guidelines.Use knowledge from a variety of sources to make evidence-based and high-quality decisions.
- Are resourceful and proactive in finding new information sources to progress projects and address gaps in knowledge.
Diversity and Inclusion at City to Sea
We recognise that City to Sea, like much of the environmental sector, is lacking diversity amongst its staff. As a Bristol based organisation we’d love to be more representative of the city’s 16% black and ethnic minority demographic and particularly welcome applicants from this background.
For this reason if you are from a black or minority ethnic background we will guarantee you an interview providing you are able to show you can do the job in your covering letter. Please use the reference ‘DCC / MC – Access’ at the top of the covering letter if this applies to you.
If you have any additional access requirements to support with your application, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
We would be grateful if you could take the time to fill out our Equalities Monitoring Form (see below). This form is anonymous and will not affect your application in any way. The data we collect will feed into our annual benchmarking that drives our strategy to attract, welcome and retain a more diverse team.
Deadline for applications: Monday 21st June, 23:59pm
What to Include in Your Application
- Essential: Cover Letter / CV
- Optional: Equalities Monitoring Form