MARKETING ASSISTANT (KICKSTARTER)
Eve Warlow, Marketing Manager
Paid at National Minimum Wage:
Hours of Work
3.5 days a week
36 days pro rata (including bank holidays)
Fixed Term – 6 months
What you get?
Experience working in the fields of:
- Marketing campaign planning and project management.
- Creative planning and agency management.
- PR and media – copy writing and outreach.
- Social media – planning, writing and posting content and well as engaging and activating our digital communities.
- Influencer marketing – outreach and management.
- Reporting and evaluation.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Marketing Manager help plan your work and support your professional development.
- Opportunity to build your confidence in a work role.
- Experience of working within a non-profit organisation addressing environmental issues.
- Develop good working practices including: How to organise own workflow; presenting information in Word docs, PowerPoints and spreadsheets; communicating with other team members via Slack, e-mail and in person (hopefully).
- Attending morning full-team meetings.
- Positive solutions-focused working environment.
- Flexibility on your working hours – results over rigidity!
What is Marketing at City to Sea?
Marketing at City to Sea is telling our story to our supporters and reaching new audiences through creating beautiful, playful and fun content that people want to engage with. Through our digital campaigns we aim to reach, inspire, engage and influence people to connect their actions to the oceans and change their behaviour to help protect our planet from plastic pollution.
Role / tasks:
- Supporting with project management – keeping documents up to date and supporting with ad hoc tasks.
- Managing enquires and questions via the marketing inboxes.
- Influencer Outreach: research, contacting and managing influencer and blogger relationships.
- Social media: creating, posting and responding to social media content.
- PR: researching & contacting press and supporting our media manager with sending out press releases.
- Reporting: monthly reporting and keeping spreadsheets up to date.
- Design: creating social and marketing assets in Canva.
- Attending meetings and taking notes.
- Bringing your own ideas to the table about how City to Sea could grow and develop its marketing content.
- Joining a Working Group. List below. Everyone at City to Sea belongs to a working group. It gives you the opportunity to follow an interest and build knowledge in key work areas. At the same this will help City to Sea develop best practise in these key areas.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Sustainability & Climate Emergency
- Social & Home Working
- Natural user of social networking platforms, including writing content and managing accounts.
- Experience of creative writing
- Experience with video production, design or photography or a desire to learn.
- Able to read and write to a good standard in English.
- Able to research information on the internet and provide brief summaries.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in e-mails.
- Able to use a range of internet programmes including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Collaborate and work well with others on the team.
- Able to professionally represent City to Sea in emails and other forms of communication.
- Willingness to learn.
- A creative mind who can think fast and come up with great ideas.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective time management.
- Able to receive feedback
What to include in your application:
- Cover Letter: Simple 1 page letter
- CV: Simple CV, 1-2 pages long.
How to apply:
To qualify for the Kickstarter Scheme you must be a young person aged 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit. To find out if you could be eligible to apply you need to speak to Job Centre Plus. Find contact details for your local Job Centre using this link.