1. Ditch the plastic tubes of sunscreen. It’s becoming easier to find plastic free alternatives, our friends at The Plastic Free Shop have some here: Plastic Free Sunscreen.
2. Carry some reusable straws with you so when you cool down after a hot summers day, you can slurp away without a plastic straw. Alternatively, order your drinks with no straws! (“I’ll have a G&T, and hold the straw.”)
3. Getting an ice cream? Opt in for the cone and not the cup, and skip the spatula.
4. Use a search engine to find plastic free alternatives. If you get stuck for something just search for a plastic free substitute! For example ‘Plastic free beach toys’. Check out this directory, founded in 2006 Plastic is Rubbish has done the searching for you!
5. Refill! Not downloaded our app yet?! Find your nearest Refill station, Refill and collect points. And we all know what points make, prizes! You can download the app here.
6. Take Your Own Minibar.
No we don’t mean booze. You can save so much #pointlessplastic by simply refusing to use the miniature hotel toiletries. Pack your bar of soap, your solid shampoo bars, sun creams that come in neat, reusable metal tins (see tip 1!) and take some coconut oil as moisturiser. And if you want to take it a step further, tweet your hotel and tell them to ditch the single-use plastics and refill instead!
To win this beautiful Summer set, kindly donated to us by The Plastic Free Shop simply share what you’re up to for Plastic Free July over social media, tag us in and use the hashtags #PlasticFreeJuly and #RiseOfTheReusable.