- Contract Type Permanent Full Time
- Grade Salary £22,500
- Hours of Work 9 am – 5 pm
- Location: Bristol (City to Sea HQ)
- Probationary Period 3 months
- Notice Period 1 month
- Holiday 36 days per annum (inc bank holidays)
Who are City to Sea?
We’re a multi-award-winning non-profit environmental organisation campaigning to stop plastic pollution. Through our fun, solutions-focused initiatives we’re empowering individuals to make a difference in their communities, working with corporations and retailers to help them tackle plastic pollution and reaching millions of people with our digital content and campaigns.
We’re made up of everyday people doing extraordinary things; using our skills (and sometimes discovering new ones) to create a more beautiful world. Our mission is to connect our actions to the oceans, by giving people and businesses from all backgrounds simple ways to make a significant difference.
Our primary campaigns are ‘Refill‘, Europe’s leading, award-winning free tap water initiative; ‘Switch the Stick‘, our successful cotton bud campaign run in 2016\17 which called on all UK retailers to switch from plastic to paper stem buds, stopping over 400 tonnes a year of single-use plastic at source and ‘Plastic-free Periods’ which to date has directly reached over 9 million people and includes a schools pilot currently being run in 22 schools with 6000 students. Our recent ‘plastic tax’ petition gathered 250k signatures.
About the role
This is an exciting role for a creative and ambitious digital native looking for the next step in their career, where they can apply their skills and experience to help us prevent plastic pollution at source.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing and Campaigns, The Digital Product Manager and our Campaign Manager you’ll become the gate-keeper for our digital content, managing our jam-packed editorial calendar and ensuring City to Sea and Refill live up to our name as an award-winning digital campaigning organisation by creating and sharing high quality and engaging content.
The role will focus on growing and nurturing our digital communities – for both City to Sea and our award-winning Refill campaign. This involves the day to day content creation and management of our busy social media channels, website, blog and influencer relationships as well as our monthly email newsletter which goes out to over 30,000 people.
You’ll work with the Head of Marketing & Campaigns to develop our social media, content and digital engagement strategy and build relationships with key influencers and ambassadors.
As the voice of City to Sea and Refill across our digital channels, you will ensure our content is fun, creative, engaging but also reflects out TOV and brand guideline
Social media management
- Managing the social media editorial calendar (working with the Head of Marketing & Campaigns)
- Day to day management of social media channels – Refill & City to Sea.
- All NON-campaign content planning and scheduling (news, partners etc)
- Evaluation and reporting to ensure continuous improvement.
Planning, building and evaluating all email comms including Plastic Free Journal & the Refill email newsletters to Refill Stations, Schemes and supporters.
Web management and digital content producer
- Planning, creating and sharing blog content.
- Supporting with management of the City to Sea and Refill websites – updating pages, suggesting and making improvements.
- Managing Refill scheme pages – scheme map, adding new scheme pages.
Influencers & Community
- Using social media channels to nurture and engage with key stakeholders, partners, and followers
- Taking responsibility for the influencer engagement strategy and owning relationships.
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years experience in a similar digital content and social media role.
- A strong understanding of all social media platforms
- A creative mind with excellent copy-writing skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Super-duper organised and able to work well under pressure
- Some experience with graphic design
- Experience with Google Analytics and other digital reporting tools.
- Video production
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work for an award-winning, not for profit
- The chance to work on meaningful projects that show a positive impact on our planet.
- 36 days holiday (pro rata, including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Plus, you’ll work with a great group of like-minded people who will always be there to help answer any questions
- A fun working environment, in a converted warehouse based near Spike Island & the SS Great Britain
Closing date March 30th.
Though all applicants will be treated equally regardless of sex, race or other status (ensured through our blind hiring programme) we particularly welcome male applicants and those from black and minority ethnic groups.