- Contract Type – 4 days per week for 6 months
- Grade Salary – £18,000 pro rata
- Hours of Work – 9 am – 5 pm
- Location – Bristol (City to Sea HQ)
- Probationary Period – 3 months
- Notice Period – 1 month
Who are City to Sea?
We’re a multi-award-winning non-profit environmental organisation campaigning to stop plastic pollution. Through our fun, solutions-focused initiatives we’re empowering individuals to make a difference in their communities, working with corporations and retailers to help them tackle plastic pollution and reaching millions of people with our digital content and campaigns.
We’re made up of everyday people doing extraordinary things; using our skills (and sometimes discovering new ones) to create a more beautiful world. Our mission is to connect our actions to the oceans, by giving people and businesses from all backgrounds simple ways to make a significant difference.
Our primary campaigns are ‘Refill’, Europe’s leading, award-winning free tap water initiative; ‘Switch the Stick’, our successful cotton bud campaign run in 2016\17 which called on all UK retailers to switch from plastic to paper stem buds, stopping over 400 tonnes a year of single-use plastic at source and ‘Plastic-free Periods’ which to date has directly reached over 9 million people and includes a schools pilot currently being run in 22 schools with 6000 students. Our recent ‘plastic tax’ petition gathered 250k signatures.
About this role
This is an exciting role for a creative and ambitious digital native looking to learning and grow within a Digital and Marketing role. Getting hands on experience to help us prevent plastic pollution at source.
Working closely with the Digital Product Manager you’ll help manage and maintain the Refill & City to Sea websites along with support with queries about the Refill app. As well as this you’ll be the frontline support for marketing queries to assist with the Head of Marketing and Campaigns
Administration & managing enquires
- Manage the Refill / City to Sea marketing email account
- Manage all app & website enquires
- Support with media enquiries and general Refill marketing / PR questions
- Manage folders / keep images up to date etc
- Ad hoc admin requests from Digital Project Manager & Head of marketing & Campaigns.
- Building new pages / blogs
- Onsite SEO optimisation
- General website admin & updates
- Create all schemes pages
- Create all international schemes pages
- Maintain maps / support with data process
- Support with international translation process
- App reporting
- General / app enquires
- Support with setting up app ads
- Own the reporting process
- Log all media coverage
- Log all partnerships activity & keep the tracker up to date
- Manage the monthly reporting process for Refill
- App and website reporting
- Create all new schemes web content and upload to the site
- Create and share all new schemes launch social media content
- Create monthly schemes blog content (tips and support)
Materials and Resources
- Manage the design process for all new materials (international / ad hoc materials)
- Ordering materials and keeping up to date on stock etc..
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work for an award-winning, not for profit
- The chance to work on meaningful projects that show a positive impact on our planet.
- 36 days holiday (pro rata, including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Plus, you’ll work with a great group of like-minded people who will always be there to help answer any questions
- A fun working environment, in a converted warehouse based near Spike Island & the SS Great Britain
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 30th June
Though all applicants will be treated equally regardless of sex, race or other status we particularly welcome those from black, asian and minority ethnic groups.