- Contract Type – 1-year fixed-term starting ASAP (with extension dependent on funding)
- Grade Salary – £35,000 per annum FTE
- Hours of Work – 9 am – 5 pm 5 days per week (4 days will be considered)
- Location – Bristol HQ
- Probationary Period – 3 months
- Notice Period – 1 month
- Holiday – 36 days per annum pro rata, to include bank holidays
Lead the Partnership Management Team to deliver against the financial and engagement targets defined in the Annual Company Objectives. To deliver maximum value for City to Sea through income generation, communications and influencing in line with City to Sea’s Ethical and Sustainability Policies.
- Reports to: CEO
- Direct Reports: Team of four; made up of Partnership Managers and Coordinators.
About City to Sea
City to Sea is an award-winning not-for-profit environmental organisation campaigning to stop plastic pollution – from city to sea. Through our fun, solutions-focused initiatives we’re empowering individuals to make a difference in their communities, working with companies and retailers to help them tackle plastic pollution and reaching millions of people with our digital content and campaigns.
We’re made up of everyday people doing extraordinary things; using our skills (and sometimes discovering new ones) to create a more beautiful world. Our mission is to connect our actions to the oceans, by giving people and businesses from all backgrounds simple ways to make a significant difference.
Our primary campaigns are ‘Refill‘, Europe’s leading, award-winning free tap water initiative; ‘Switch the Stick‘, our successful cotton bud campaign run in 2016\17 which called on all UK retailers to switch from plastic to paper stem buds, stopping over 400 tonnes a year of single-use plastic at source and ‘Plastic-free Periods’ which to date has directly reached over 9 million people and includes a schools pilot currently being run in 22 schools with 6000 students. Our recent ‘plastic tax’ petition gathered 250k signatures.
About the role
City to Sea is now looking for a Head of Partnerships to manage and improve the Partnerships function in the organisation to meet our strategic aims. You will be part of the Senior Management Team and will support and where appropriate occasionally deputise for the Chief Executive or other Heads of Department.
- Create and deliver a strategy that maximises value and delivers against targets defined. Including; setting team vision, objectives, processes, KPIs, programme plans and workstream reporting, risk log & actions for mitigation, securing resources and budgets.
- Lead, manage and develop the Partnership Management team.
- Set (in conjunction with planning managers), manage and deliver income and expenditure budgets and targets for the Partnership Management team, including submitting proposals and pitches to win new business.
- Ensure tools and processes are in place to effectively deliver account objectives in collaboration with teams across the organisation.
- Identify and share best practice within the Partnership Management team.
- Develop and manage relationships with senior level contacts within partner organisations.
- Maintain expert knowledge of market and competitor activity to maximise benefits.
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to manage cross organisational delivery of integrated partnerships.
- Represent partnerships at high level internal and external events, joint steering committees and working groups.
- Plan best allocation of resources to deliver the biggest impact.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all relevant City to Sea policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as reasonably required in line with the skills, knowledge and experience.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly experienced senior professional who will take responsibility for the management of the Partnerships team, including new business and account management. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Delivering mutually beneficial partnerships in a large organisation
- Sales, marketing and account management with major clients
- Leadership and development of a strong, high performing team
- Leading the successful implementation of a strategy
- Understanding of a wide range of business sectors
- Developing propositions within B2B and B2C contexts
- Short term and long-term business planning
- Creating and implementing new strategies, tools and processes
- Public speaking – confidence addressing small groups, large meetings or individual VIPs
- Budget planning and forecasting
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work for an award-winning, not for profit.
- The chance to work on meaningful projects that show a positive impact on our planet.
- 36 days holiday (pro rata, including bank holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Plus, you’ll work with a great group of like-minded people who will always be there to help answer any questions.
The expectation that this post is based in City to Sea’s offices in Bristol, with frequent travel to London. A London-based candidate may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 23rd June
Though all applicants will be treated equally regardless of sex, race or other status we particularly welcome those from black, asian and minority ethnic groups.